Monday 13 April 2009

[Op.](DW) He will knock four times...

So, Planet of the Dead has been and gone. I'd say it's my third favourite special, after Voyage of the Damned and The Christmas Invasion. I think that Christina wouldn't have worked as a mainstream companion. I didn't feel as connected to her than Rose, Martha or Donna. The Tritovores were actually surprising. I thought that they'd be a rubbish side-character, but they added a vital component to the episode. Lee Evans' character was fantastic. I loved the eccentricity about the character, and you could actually see the deep admiration Malcolm has for the Doctor.

"He will knock four times" is a pretty obvious hint to the Master returning, but interestingly in the commentary for the episode David Tennant said that it's not who you think it is, but that's probably just David trying to create some mystery. So, it's practically confirmed that the Master is back, and John Simm has been apparently seen filming anyway.

So, I can't wait for The Waters of Mars now. Bring on Autumn!