Tuesday 21 September 2010

University - Land of the Free Bees

How's THAT for a pun! Well, uni has now started, even though teaching doesn't start 'till next week. This week is just welcome and induction, so got some stuff to see and that's it.

This only really warranted a post as I cam home yesterday laden with freebies. No complaints from me of course, I love some good freebies; as can be seen by my free pen collection and my stealing of the free biscuits at York St. John last year.

With the stuff I got, it's a haul of ups and downs. There's a couple of good things, but a lot of random leaflets and stuff. Which will of course get chucked out very soon. So, the good stuff was the free Kit Kat and Pringles. The Pringles do sound a bit, well, battered though. Still, should be OK. Also got a free bottle of cider, and I somehow picked up a random bottle of Vitamin Water.

Overall, yesterday was quite a good first day. My seminar class hasn't got many people in it, and the guys I was going round with yesterday seem OK. So, I'm now looking forward to actually learning something. The timetable at the moment isn't as good as I'd like with two 9am starts, but you can't have it all your own way. So here's to a hopefully epic 3/4 years. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment