Thursday 19 August 2010

The Final Judgement - A Level Results

C'est tout. That's it. My two years at college is over at last. Why is that? Because I'm into uni dude! After blood, sweat and tears, I've been accepted into Northumbria doing Games Programming. Thank goodness for that. However it wasn't all plain sailing.

Tension

This morning it was very tense times. I was on Twitter as soon as I got up, where the good @Lanithro was musing about his entrance into Hull. Good luck to him, he pulled off great things. Anyway, when I finally got my PC on and got into my emails, I met my results with a pleasing smile and surprise. The pleasing smile was that I had done as expected in computing, while massively improving on my AS Physics. Surprise on the other hand that I had somehow failed Core 4. Interesting, for at the time of the exam I was sure that I'd pulled up enough to get a D at least. So, I was very tense as my university place at Northumbria was now looking very unsure with a BCD.

UCAS Website = Epic Fail

I moved to my Windows 7 PC after my Windows XP one crashed and attempted to load up the UCAS website. Now, I knew I was going to have some problems as the UCAS twitter service had said that the website was under a lot of strain. However, I did not expect to wait 45 minutes to see if my place was confirmed. And what an agonising wait it was. After 10 attempts to get in I finally logged in.

"Victory In Your Name, My Lord"

What greeted me was this very pleasing screenshot.



All that hard work had not been for nothing. Even with one failed maths exam, I was still into Northumbria University. Wow, so that makes me a proper uni student, almost! So I was quick to spout my victory all over the net. After a long while during which I passed out various congratulations, I decided to make my way into college at about 10 to pick up my results.

When I got to college the results weren't out yet. So I popped into the ILC to see if I could find anyone. There I found Coatesy, Luby and Emma, who have all done well. Coatesy missed out on one grade he needed but still got into Manchester.

After a while 11 came around and we all picked up our results statements.

What a Result

So, I can now confirm my results.

AQA Computing - B
COMP1 -  B
COMP2 - B
COMP3 - B
COMP4 (Project) - A

AQA Physics A - C
PHYA1 - C
PHYA2 - B
PHYA3T (Practical) - A
PHYA4 - D
PHYA5 - C
PHYA6T (Practical) - D

OCR Mathematics - D
Core 1 - C
Core 2 - C
Statistics 1 - C
Core 3 - C
Core 4 - U
Decision 1 - C

AQA English Language and Literature A [AS] - A
ELLA1 - B
ELLA2 - A

AQA Extended Project Qualification - A

Overall I'm pretty happy. It's not too bad. Nice getting the C in Astrophyiscs although I didn't improve in unit 4. I think that the Core 4 result is definitely uncharacteristic of me. Mixed bag with the people I know. Some did very well while others didn't do that good. Oh well, as long as I'm in Uni it doesn't matter. And I am, so there!

I may set up a video blog for this even though I didn't get any interviews off people, but I'm unsure. Anyway, congratulations to all of those who get into the chosen university and commiserations to those who missed out or totally failed. For now this is emperor ing signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment